Download Link : Download Little Busters!EX
“What adolescence do you have ?”
“Do you remember childhood ?”
“The irreplaceable one existed there.”
“This will remind you to recollect adolescence.”
- Little Busters! Ecstasy; 2008 Visual Art’s/KEY-
Little Busters!（リトルバスタ図！） is a non-hentai visual novel developed by Visual Art’s/KEY, published in 2007. A year later, the “ecstasy ” version of the series was made as a “fanservice“, as well as introducing a new character, and two more main heroines that were originally playing as supporting roles.
Little Busters! recites a story of five childhood friends who are known as the member of Little Busters!. There’s a lot of comedy and fun stuff in their exciting, enjoying everyday high-school life. Friendship and romance become the main theme of the story, with a little bit of supernatural and psychological things as well. Eventhough it is an all-ages visual novel, there’re some scenes that lead to ecchi. ( Ecchi is a japanese term to define things that provoke perverted actions or scenes, different from hentai, ecchi doesn’t involve any sexual scene. )
Theme : Romance, Supernatural, Ecchi, Harem
Setting and themes
The main part of the story takes place at a high school in Japan. There is a “secret of this world” that Kyousuke speaks of; Kengo and Masato are also aware of this. The characters live in either the male or female dormitories on the school grounds which are right next to each other.
Childhood and adolescence are two important themes in Little Busters!. The opening video of the visual novel starts with two lines written in English: “What ‘Adolescence’ do you have?” and “Do you remember ‘Childhood’?”. Riki Naoe, the male protagonist, has four childhood friends that he grew up together with through adolescence and still hangs out with when the story begins.
Thus, friendship is another theme presented in the form of Riki’s relationships with his friends in high school, and is thought to be irreplaceable. The opening video of the original visual novel contains a third line written in English, “The irreplaceable one existed there,” though another line was added into the opening video of Little Busters! Ecstasy: “This will remind you that you have to recollect ‘Adolescence’.”
Little Busters!’ story revolves around the main protagonist Riki Naoe, a young male high school student. When Riki was a child, his parents died, leaving him hopeless and depressed. A group of three young boys and one girl his age saved him who referred to themselves as the Little Busters, a group dedicated to fighting evil and preserving justice. The leader of the group was Kyousuke Natsume who had a younger sister named Rin. The other two members were Masato Inohara and Kengo Miyazawa, who were rivals despite being friends. They took Riki out and played together with him during his time of need, making him the fifth Little Busters member. In time, Riki enjoyed playing with them, and his grief over his parents gradually faded away. When the story begins, Riki and his friends are seemingly in their second year of high school, except for Kyousuke who is in his third year. They still hang out together, and enjoy their school life.
The story opens on Sunday May 13, 2007, and the next day at school, Kyousuke decides that the Little Busters are going to play a baseball game, except they do not have enough members to have a complete team. Kyousuke gives Riki and Rin the task of going around school to find more members to join, preferably girls so as not to leave Rin the lone girl. Riki finds five girls his age willing to help him out. They are: Komari Kamikita, a childish girl who is very clumsy; Haruka Saigusa, a problem child who likes to start uproars for her own enjoyment; Kudryavka Noumi, a one-quarter Japanese girl in the home economics club who is very bad in English; Yuiko Kurugaya, a girl who is given respect from her peers, and has a self-sufficient personality; and Mio Nishizono, a calm girl with a weak body who is always seen holding a parasol when outside. Throughout the game, Riki hangs out with these girls and learns more about them.
The story’s main par takes place in what seems to be a normal high school, but in fact all took place in the school term previous to Little Busters!, and Riki and Rin are reliving it in an artificial world created by Kyousuke. They, and the other main characters, were involved in a bus accident during a school excursion, and only the two of them will survive. Kyousuke created the artificial world to make them strong enough to deal with what will happen when they awaken in the real world. The world loops, but though they forget what happens, Riki and Rin do grow stronger, and Kyousuke hopes that they will eventually be strong enough to leave the world. They do manage to survive and get away from the crash site before Riki collapses because he has narcolepsy. Riki vows to fight against his narcoleptic condition, which was the reason why he was only able to save Rin and merely get away from the explosion before collapsing.
Rin travels back into the artificial world again (which is created by Riki and Rin) where she uses Komari’s star-shaped hair band to send herself and Riki back in time to the crash site. It is revealed that Kyousuke, who sneaked onto the bus (as a third year he was not allowed to go), managed to block the leak hole on the gas tank to prevent the explosion, despite his injuries being far greater than anyone else. Due to this, Riki and Rin work together to save everyone including Kyousuke at the crash scene. Everyone in the bus recovers from their injuries, although Kyousuke’s recovery takes longer due to extensive injuries. Right after Kyousuke returns, which takes even longer than usual since he was trying to earn a driver’s license, the members of the Little Busters set out for another trip.
Writer’s Opinion – (*Some may contain spoilers*)
In my opinion, this visual novel is strongly recommended, either for those who want to reminiscence their high-school memories or ones who still in adolescent life. I like the way the creator create each character’s personality, for each character looks so real, since they represents many personality traits of human-beings. I used to be a human-being like Natsume Rin, who seems to be afraid when it comes to talking to people, also rather weak and pessimistic like Naoe Riki. With the improvement of each character’s personality ( especially Rin and Riki ), this visual novel become very interesting since you’ll find some changes in events when you are about to play it all over again.
The cheerful and trouble-maker, Saigusa Haruka, I like the way she make the world revolves around her, being a cheerful girl and live her life with full of spirit, eventhough she is an unwanted child in his family ( for some reasons ). She might be doing the wrong thing according to the general public, but I like her being so expressive and free-willed, for not getting afraid of counter-attacking her family, such as doing troublesome and silly things, which is not in a terrible way, that sometimes make ashamed of her family. In one scene, she asks Riki to call her by first name. In my opinion, she wants Riki to call her by her first name probably not only to make the distance between them to be shorter, but also to show the people that she is her, and she is not bounded by anyone ; in other words, her free-will appear.
The stolid and mysterious Nishizono Mio, is actually likes to joke around by “bullying” people whom she think are already close enough to her, making her side personality is come out to the surface, since she is actually lonely, and would like people to approach her. Kamikita Komari, who always cheerful and friendly to anyone, actually cannot bear the pain of losing her older brother, so she bury memory under her consciousness, which acts like a time bomb, so when that time comes, she isn’t herself anymore, for she’s suffering a mental illness.
Kurugaya Yuiko (Anego – adressed by Haruka) and Natsume Kyousuke are the character whom i admire so much for their intelligence and being open-minded. One of my favourite quotes also comes from Anego, whose quote apparently like,“One won’t be a philosophical if everybody understands it. It is called philosophical because it is awkward.” This quote is just so awesome to me.
Tokido Saya, eventhough i don’t know much about her since i haven’t played LB!EX, she is one of my favourite characters for her being beautiful and such an ideal woman. Her route is probably the most touching route in the game, since i can feel the sadness and sincerity emitted from her face when Riki carries her, also when she is going to kill herself for Riki’s sake. The same thing also goes for Natsume Rin, when she’s faithfully waiting for Riki to wake up after the accident, while Riki tried to be strong and support Rin to keep on moving forward. The difference between them is just that Saya’s actions is more touching than Rin’s.
Sasasegawa Sasami, an acquiantance of Rin, but also a rival of her. She might be an all-time rival for Rin ; however, they are still in respect of each other. Eventhough they don’t really like each other, yet they don’t get overly gain advantage of each other weakness, and they don’t really hate each other for no reason. A good rivalry that should be applied to us.
There are many more good things that we can learn from this game, especially about friendship and fate. Just expected from Key, the way that they once again published the story that fate and destiny “doesn’t exist” at all. If we want to change it, no matter how impossible it looks, we’ll be able to go the path we want. The opening quote is one of the best favourite quotes to me. Unfortunately, the way the story progress isn’t enough for me take more bites of it, eventhough the ending is actually well made and pretty touchy, they could have made something more amazing. Still, if this were made made into a movie, i’m pretty sure it’d be excellent.
Overall Story : 8.0
Art : 9.7
Music : 8.0
Morale Message : 10
Opening Video : 10
- Riki Naoe (直枝 理樹, Naoe Riki?)
- Voiced by: Tomoe Tamiyasu
- Riki is the male protagonist of Little Busters! and is the role the player assumes in the game. He is the fifth member of the Little Busters, and of them, he is seen as the weakest due to his girlish appearance and physical build, but he is the only one that is straightforward and has common sense among them. His parents died when he was very young, and around the same time he was diagnosed with narcolepsy.
- [SPOILER] The world Little Busters! takes place in is actually an artificial one made for Riki and Rin so that they may grow stronger; in the real world, most of the characters were in a bus accident and only Riki and Rin survived.
- Voiced by: Tomoe Tamiyasu
- Rin is the main heroine in the story. She is the younger sister of Kyousuke Natsume and is the only female member out of the five original members of the Little Busters. She does not communicate well and is seen as inarticulate. Due to this, she is anti-social, and is usually seen alone. Rin loves cats and at school takes care of several strays; it is not uncommon for several cats to crawl onto her.
- [SPOILER] Rin’s name means “bell”, and she wears a bell in her hair. She is one of the two survivors of the bus accident.
- Kyousuke Natsume (棗 恭介, Natsume Kyōsuke?)
- Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (high school), Yū Kamonomiya (grade school)
- Kyousuke is the leader of the Little Busters, and is one year older than the other four members. He often comes up with absurd ideas, but almost always he follows up with a reasonable explanation along with it. He suffers from a lolita complex, though he denies it. He also suffers from a brother-sister complex, as he wants his sister Rin to call him onii-chan (meaning brother in an affectionate way), but Rin does not want to, preferring to call him by his name.
- Masato Inohara (井ノ原 真人, Inohara Masato?)
- Voiced by: Nobutoshi Canna
- Masato is a member of the Little Busters, and is Riki’s roommate. He has a particular fondness for Riki, which he is more than willing to express out aloud. He loves to work out and improve his muscle mass. His rival is Kengo Miyazawa, fellow member of the Little Busters.
- Kengo Miyazawa (宮沢 謙吾, Miyazawa Kengo?)
- Voiced by: Yūsei Oda (high school), Yū Kamonomiya (grade school)
- Kengo is a member of the Little Busters. He is skilled in the art of kendo and seemingly has a cynical personality, but his passion for the Little Busters is unmatched by anyone. Kengo is recruited after Masato, Kyousuke and Rin defeat his father, making him the fourth member of Little Busters.
- Komari Kamikita (神北 小毬, Kamikita Komari?)
- Voiced by: Natsumi Yanase
- Komari is very childish, taking great interest in fairy-tales, picture books, candy, and clothing with many layers of frills. She is very clumsy, and will often not think before she acts. She does well in her studies and is also surprisingly athletic, though this is somewhat hampered by the fact that she is quite weak and has never done any sport properly before.
- [SPOILER] “She does well in her studies and is also surprisingly athletic, though this is somewhat hampered by the fact that she is quite weak and has never done any sport properly before.” – This personality hides a past where she was traumatized by the death of her brother. She had blocked out her brother’s death from her mind, but remembers it after seeing a dead cat and goes crazy, thinking that Riki is her brother. In Refrain, after Rin remembers everything in her final dream, she rushes to Komari, who gives Rin her hair ornament, before disappearing, telling her to be strong.
- Haruka Saigusa (三枝 葉留佳, Saigusa Haruka?)
- Voiced by: Keiko Suzuki
- Haruka is a schoolmate of Riki’s from a different class, but despite this, always seems to find time to hang around in Riki’s classroom. She is a problem child and will start an uproar for her own personal enjoyment, which causes her twin sister, the public morals chairman Kanata Futaki, to often chase after her. She use marbles as a weapon to distract the public morals committee from chasing her, and when Riki is with her, she will drag Riki away, explaining that being captured by the public morals committee means big trouble for her.
- [SPOILER] The truth is, she was abused by her family (not her parents, who were kept away from her and Kanata), while Kanata was seemingly treated very well, though truthfully she was not. She thus starts trouble to bother her sister and shame her family name. She works part-time in the school’s cafeteria to get permission to use the oven to bake muffins and cakes.
- Kudryavka Noumi (能美 クドリャフカ, Nōmi Kudoryafuka?)
- Voiced by: Miyako Suzuta
- Kudryavka, also known as “Kud” (クド, Kudo?) for short, is a girl who is a quarter Japanese, and three-quarters Russian. Her full Russian name is Kudryavka Anatolyevna Strugatskaya. Her grandmother is Japanese. Her grandfather was crazy about Japanese culture and per his influence on her, she came to know much about Japanese culture too, including the language. Despite having a poor handle on the English language, she was able to skip a year in school due to credits obtained through studying abroad. She is Riki’s classmate and is in the newly-formed home economics club due to an invitation of the head of the dormitory she lives at with the other characters. Her favorite phrase is wahoo! (わふー, wafū?), much like Ayu Tsukimiya‘s ugū from Kanon, and Misuzu Kamio’s gao from Air.
- [SPOILER] For the two endings, she can either choose not to return to her home country and become overwhelmed with guilt and regret when she sees her mother’s public execution on television, which results in her bad ending; or, for the good ending, she chooses to return but gets captured by rebels in her home country (which is in a state of civil war), eventually escaping prison and returning to Japan due to her strong love for Riki.
- Yuiko Kurugaya (来ヶ谷 唯湖, Kurugaya Yuiko?)
- Voiced by: Ryōko Tanaka
- Yuiko is Riki’s classmate who has a self-sufficient personality. She is sometimes seen carrying a replica of a katana called Muramasa. She is seen as an older sister to everyone despite being the same age of almost the entire cast, and is referred to as Anego (姉御?, “elder sister”) by Haruka. She is fond of things or people she considers to be cute, such as several of the female cast of characters, especially Rin and Komari in particular. She is also seen as the most invincible member of the Little Busters, having defeated Masato, Kengo and Kyousuke, which traumatizes them. Rin is also afraid of her since Yuiko is the only one who can contain and play around with her, much to Rin’s dismay.
- [SPOILER] Yuiko gets high grades in school, especially in math, and is hated by her first year math teacher and several female students, who plan on bullying the Little Busters by first affixing nails and chewing gum to Riki’s shoes. She was born outside of Japan, but is still entirely Japanese.
- Mio Nishizono (西園 美魚, Nishizono Mio?)
- Voiced by: Shiho Kawaragi
- Mio is a calm girl who is very diligent. Due to having weak health, she is always seen with a parasol when outside. She enjoys reading, especially when the story contains boys love elements, and her room is filled with books. She carries around a book of poems by Bokusui Wakayama.
- [SPOILER] In the real world, she was feeling guilty over having forgotten an imaginary friend she used to have, who comes to life in the artificial world as Midori. She uses the parasol because she is trying to hide that she has no shadow; this is due to Midori using Mio’s shadow to materialize her own body.
Additional heroines in Ecstasy
*WARNING! From here on all materials contains spoiler…
[SPOILER] The additional heroines are unlocked when the player completes all the scenarios, including Refrain. However, if the player answers ‘yes’ when asked if the player already knows the secret of the world, the player can play through their scenarios without any requirements. This question is asked only once, either right after the game is installed or clearing the save data in the install directory.
- Kanata Futaki (二木 佳奈多, Futaki Kanata?)
- Voiced by: Keiko Suzuki
- Kanata is a girl at Riki’s school and is the public morals chairman, which means when Haruka causes trouble, Kanata must run after her. To help Kanata, Kudryavka offered up her two dogs Strelka and Belka to patrol the school grounds and help in hunting down Haruka when she causes trouble. Kanata is Haruka’s twin sister, though this is only revealed later. She acts extremely cold to Haruka, although it is later revealed she is forced to treat Haruka coldly by her father, and actually made efforts to release Haruka from him. Kanata is annoyed at Riki’s close approach to her sister and often tells Riki to stay away from Haruka, wondering why someone normal like Riki would want to approach her twin. Since the only real difference between Haruka and Kanata is their eye color, Kanata uses this to her advantage when she impersonates her sister with colored contacts. Kanata cooks well, while Haruka does not, and this is one of the few ways to identify her when she is impersonating Haruka.
- Sasami Sasasegawa (笹瀬川 佐々美, Sasasegawa Sasami?)
- Voiced by: Tomoe Tamiyasu
- Sasami is a girl at Riki’s school and is Rin’s rival; surprisingly, while Rin loves cats, Sasami is a devoted dog lover. Due to this, she will often get in a fight with Rin, though since she is the captain of the girl’s softball team, she will send in three new team members first before she goes in herself; the three girls’ names are: Yukari Nakamura (中村 由香里, Nakamura Yukari?), Rei Kawagoe (川越 令, Kawagoe Rei?), and Sakiko Watanabe (渡辺 咲子, Watanabe Sakiko?). Her name is thought to be a tongue twister, which even she manages to mix up. She has a romantic interest in Kengo Miyazawa, but Kengo has no interest in returning her favor. If the player goes for a second play through after the baseball match, the player can see the event when Sasami helps take a group photo for the Little Busters, a photo which helps Rin in regaining her memories in her final dream; this event only happens once. The reason for her avoiding cats is due to the disappearance of her own cat Kuro during her childhood. In Sasami’s route, which happens after the events in Refrain, Sasami’s cat Kuro created a world similar to the Little Busters! world around the school in order to meet Sasami one last time before dying.
- Saya Tokido (朱鷺戸 沙耶, Tokido Saya?)
- Voiced by: Kazane
- Saya is a new heroine who only appears in Little Busters! Ecstasy. In the daytime, she is a popular girl in her class at Riki’s school due to her attractive face and figure, though is known to be a natural airhead. However, at night, she can be found at the school wandering around in order to protect a “treasure” from those she calls the “darkness executives” (闇の執行部, yami no shikkōbu?), and even has to fight them for it.
- Saya’s true identity is Aya, a normal girl with a father as a doctor who volunteered in various countries that are not well-off. Since they had to move frequently, she did not have enough time for any deep relationships with others or school. During her childhood, she briefly befriended Riki during her brief stay in Japan, playing soccer with each other. One day, when Saya and her father were about to return to Japan and end their traveling, Aya became involved in an accident due to a flood. She was on the verge of death when she, by chance, noticed the artificial world Kyousuke has created and decided to enter it. Inside, she materialized as Saya Tokido, a character from Kyousuke’s favorite manga, which incidentally happened to be her favorite as well, given to her by a Japanese tourist. Due to this, Kyousuke originally thought she was created due to his hidden desire, and intended to leave her alone, but after seeing her interacting with Riki, he realizes that she is actually an “interloper” to his world and tries to make her leave, since her existence causes Riki to stray away from the others because he had been threatened by the “darkness executives” with Rin’s life. This is implied during the “replay” portion of her route where all the traps that used to be merely a prank in the labyrinth and shooting mini-game actually turn lethal, and significant changes to the maze are made to hinder Saya. Also, the head of the “darkness executives” (who is actually Kyousuke) tells Saya at the beginning (and each subsequent replay) that she will be better off if she shot herself in the head.
- Miyuki Koshiki (古式 みゆき, Koshiki Miyuki?)
- Voiced by: Yū Kamonomiya
- Miyuki is a girl in the archery club who lost her right eye due to an archery accident. Her family is known for being skilled in archery. Due to being in a similar situation of Kengo, she worries about him. She committed suicide in the real world, unlike the artificial world where Kengo saves her from this act. Kyousuke creates an illusion of her to distract Kengo during a baseball game set by Kengo to thwart Kyousuke’s plan, as it is too harsh for Riki and Rin. This angers Kengo to the point where he charges and attacks Kyousuke.
- Midori (美鳥?)
- Voiced by: Yumi Arai
- Midori is Mio’s forgotten imaginary sister who comes to life in the artificial world and takes Mio’s place. Her personality is the direct opposite of Mio. She materializes due to taking Mio’s shadow, so she herself has no shadow, but she does not hide it, unlike Mio.
- Kojirō Kamikita (神北 小次郎, Kamikita Kojirō?)
- Voiced by: Roaki Moriko
- Kojirō is an old man in a nursing home Komari and Riki volunteer at. He has trouble keeping his room clean. He is Komari’s grandfather, although this is revealed later as he refused to tell Riki about his relationship with Komari. He is actually escaping from Komari, after she becomes insane for the first time and treats him like her dead brother.